- Authorize Heritage Bank of Schaumburg to internet enable the deposit accounts indicated by the User's self enrollment in Internet Banking;
- Understand that internet enabled accounts are subject to the same provisions and regulations as regular deposit accounts as described in the bank's "Understanding Your Deposit Account" disclosure;
- Understand that transfers to/from internet enabled accounts will occur only on "Business Days" as defined in the "Understanding Your Deposit Account" disclosure.
- Understand that Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent will not be responsible for any loss or penalty that I may incur due to lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from my account.
- Understand that Heritage Bank of Schaumburg may terminate use of the Service, in whole or in part, for any reason, at any time, without prior notice. Access to Internet Banking may be terminated, for example, if User's primary account is closed, if access to any of User's accounts is restricted for any reason, or if 180 or more days elapse between User's sign-ons to Internet Banking.
Internet Banking Bill Pay Agreement and Disclosure
- User hereby authorizes Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent to make payments to creditors for User, as User may authorize by personal computer from time to time, and also authorizes Heritage Bank of Schaumburg to post such payments to User's account.
- User understands that Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent will use reasonable efforts to ensure payments reach creditors on time, but cannot guarantee the time a payment will be posted by a creditor. Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent will use reasonable effort in ensuring creditors reverse any service fee or late charge that is related to payment process error. User also understands that Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent will not be responsible for any loss or penalty that User may incur due to lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from User's account.
- User agrees to accurately follow product use instructions provided in the on-line tutorial.
- User agrees to schedule bill payments (payment transaction date) at least five business days before the due date, not including any grace period.
- User agrees to provide correct payee name, address, account information and payment amount.
- User agrees to maintain sufficient funds in funding account on the transaction date requested.
- User agrees to notify Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent no later than 60 days after User receives the first statement on which User believes a problem or error occurred.
- User acknowledges that Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent may require up to 45 days to investigate a complaint or question. Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent will use all reasonable efforts to resolve an issue within 3 business days. If an issue is reported orally, the User may be required to send the complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. If Heritage Bank of Schaumburg or its authorized agent needs more time, they will credit the User's account within 10 business days for the amount the User believes is in error. If we ask the User to put the complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit the account. If we determine there was no error, we will send a written explanation within 3 business days after the investigation is finished.
- User acknowledges that if a payment is not scheduled or processed through a payment account via the Bill Pay Service for 180 or more days, Heritage Bank of Schaumburg may terminate the Bill Pay Service. If a current payment account is closed, user agrees to designate a new deposit account that will be the payment account or Heritage Bank of Schaumburg may terminate the Bill Pay Service. If the Bill Pay Service is terminated, the online bill payment information will be lost, however termination of the Bill Pay Service will not automatically close the User's eligible accounts.
- This service may not be used to transmit alimony, child support or other court-directed payments or tax payments.
In case of errors or questions about your EFT, telephone us at Heritage Bank of Schaumburg at
1-847-524-4000 or the number listed on the statement for your account, or write us at: Heritage Bank of Schaumburg, 1535 W Schaumburg Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60194 as soon as you can, if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after the date we send the first statement on which the problem or error appeared:
- Tell us your name and account number (if any)
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send your complaint or question in writing within 10 Business Days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 Business Days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time to conduct our investigation, however, we will notify you of our need for an extension, which may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 Business Days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 Business Days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 Business Days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error. We will tell you the results within three Business Days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in the investigation.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe that your password has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an EFT has been made without your permission. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit).
Except for EFTs to or from brokerage accounts, your liability for an unauthorized EFT or a series of related unauthorized EFTs will be determined as follows:
- If you tell us within two Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission.
- If you do NOT tell us within two Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
- Also, if your periodic statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by using your password, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was made available or transmitted to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking your money if you had told us on time.
You may notify us in person, by telephone, by email during a secure session using the appropriate form, or in writing at:
- Heritage Bank of Schaumburg, 1535 W Schaumburg Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60194
You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made without your permission.